Friday, January 24, 2014

21.01.14

Spanish class yesterday afternoon was fun. It is amazing how much grammar I am missing out on. However, I was able to get the respect of a taxi driver after all of the taxis I asked to take me to the class were trying to charge me double. They even tried to tell me that I was going to a more remote part of Leon. Even the price I got was more than it should be, but I was in a rush and could not argue further.

En route, we compared travels in Nicaragua, culture, history and whatever came up. After getting out of the taxi, I looked at my change to find that he charged me the correct price. It made me feel like less of an outsider for once. After getting up with the roosters, I am off to take over the clinic for a day while Dra. Urrutia is away!

"Stop dilly-dallying - clinic is that way!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment