Friday, January 24, 2014

22.01.2014

There is something special about the early morning light in El Tololar. I have a goal of getting to the Health Post in time to begin the day's activities, but I find my self under the spell of the golden rays of the sun. At the end of rainy season, there are morning glories lining the peanut fields. Golden yellow flowers fill a field with the picturesque San Cristobol volcano smoking gently in the background. On the opposite field, Telica is contributing a burst of clouds to the early morning sky. I have snapped a dozen or so photos of these same frames, but I never get tired of them. I am ten minutes late today due to this enchantment.

San Cristobol

I did survive running the health post yesterday for which Dra. Urrutia was grateful. Luckily, the pharmacists helped me tremendously in finding the medications that the patients needed. Today was another whirlwind of patients with Dra. Urrutia trying to complete consults with a splinted dominant hand due to severe carpal tunnel and we finished just in time to catch the bus to Leon!

Golden flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment