Tuesday, February 4, 2014

24.01.2014

After seeing many patients in the morning at the Health Post, Reynauldo and I have set out to invite the rest of the Ermita #2 Sector for Monday's presentation. At the end of our tour, I asked him how far we needed to walk if we wanted to invite some more families that we interviewed in November to the meeting. I was thinking about how to get them invited without a vehicle. His response: "We can't go, it is 3km just to get there!”

It's amazing, because that is the distance they need to traverse to get to the Health Post if sick. For men, that means missing a day's pay and then actually getting there. That is always in the back of my mind when I see a sick male present at the clinic after something terrible brought him there, such as last year when a young male in his 30s presented with renal failure.

Calibri or hummingbird in the early morning light 

No comments:

Post a Comment