Tuesday, February 4, 2014

26.01.2014

It's 9am on my birthday, the latest I have slept since arriving in El Tololar. Last night's celebration at Telica was incredibly fun! People had come over from the neighboring towns to celebrate. It was basically like a carnival in the central square, with rides and food and merchant vendors. Fireworks were lighting the sky continuously while we were visiting the different vendors.

Then, some brilliant blue and white fireworks started just across the street. I was admiring this and then everyone started to run frantically away. Someone grabbed my arm and said "don't touch anything!"  It was an electric wire exploding! No one got hurt, but we lost power for quite a while, not affecting the carnival in any way. The rest of the night was spent drinking some beer and dancing. Paula's birthday ended at midnight and mine began.

I spent the rest of the day making posters of results to report breastfeeding results to the people of El Tololar on Monday afternoon. I am very nervous about the turnout that we would like to have.after spending so many hours going house to house to invite them.

Adilza took me to celebrate at the Pulperia on the corner in the evening.

Birthday celebration with Adilza

No comments:

Post a Comment