Tuesday, February 4, 2014

30.01.2014

These days have been loooonnnggg. At the hospital all day and then 3 hours of Spanish class with homework is very fun, but tiring. I can't remember a time at home were I regularly went to bed at 8pm. Yrela, my Spanish teacher,  is very sweet and my grammar is picking up. She asks for a topic of interest to discuss with each class. We have gone through the geography and culture of Nicaragua, some newspapers, the destruction of Leon and other things in just a few short days, She is such a vibrant and delightful person who I will miss when I leave here.

 Yrela and me at Dariana Spanish school 
Day 2 and 3 of Heodra were very interesting in postpartum and high risk inpatient. Rotating through a different group of residents in a different area has been very challenging with breaking through a familiarity, language and cultural barrier compounded by the amount of work they have every day. I have made very good friends with the lactation nurses, who are actually part of the pediatric department. They are amazing with the patients, patient and spend a lot of time with the family as well.

Giant breast feeding poster at Heodora hospital



No comments:

Post a Comment